About Me

I enjoy experimenting with a variety of techniques and media, my love in art and design derives from my enjoyment in exploring the qualities of materials, from drawing to contemporary textiles, knitting, embroidery and manipulating materials. I am driven by a personal connection to the work exploring concepts that relate to my own experiences. After attending an open day at Manchester Metropolitan I felt that the work being produced on the course reflected my interests. I like the way the three courses have been combined, giving me the opportunity to explore each of these areas and then progress my work further in the second year. I felt instantly excited at the possibility of being able to develop my work to this level.

Wednesday 9 February 2011

I loved Waltraud Janzen’s stitched portraits of his uncles and decided to create my own version of my Grandad using machine stitch. I love the simplicity of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment